Shabby blogs

Monday, September 1, 2008

Pack, Unpack, Rinse, Repeat.

I am so happy to be home for a while. Since July 4th when we got back from Plains, life has been a blur. We went to the ranch for 10 days and then when we came home we had a notice that the house we were living in sold and we had to be out in 30 days. So, while the kids and Brad went back to the ranch, Micah and I started packing and looking all over for a new place. There are slim pickings here in the valley. We were looking for something on a bunch of acreage in an area where we wanted to be. I initally found a lovely place in Columbia Falls on 20 acres....perfect, so I thought. However, there was one "applicant" in front of me and they got it. argh. I looked at a ton of places (many were not even worth more than a drive by). I saw one that should have been condemned, one that looked like the Brady Bunch house, a bunch of small ones for big prices, and some with scary 70's everything. As the time started getting closer, I began freaking out. Then one day, Peggy Sue found one in the paper just down the street from her house!! We went immediately and looked and it was great....and big. Some funky things for sure (especially in the area of painting. Bright purple and pink in Brad's office is a little weird), but the house itself is large and nice. Once we signed the contract, we began the frantic packing. Then, the weekend before we were able to get in, we had a family reunion in Billings (pack to go, drive there, stay, drive home, unpack). We got back on Sunday and started moving on Monday. Brad went back to the ranch with some of the boys on Wednesday while I stayed with the girls and cleaned the old place. Brad came back for three days to unpack some more and then we all went to the ranch for two days (pack, drive, stay, drive home, unpack). THEN, the next day we left for Plains for Memorial Day Weekend....we are just plain dumb, clearly. But now, we are HOME, HOME, HOME. I am so thankful to be here and I never want to leave again!! .........SURE!!!!

No comments: