Shabby blogs

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Not So Good Afterall!

Nevermind....about that last "So Far So Good" post. At least two of us didn't get the scrunge, but I was not one of the lucky few. Last Wednesday night, sitting here at my desk finishing up something that I really HAD to get done, I felt myself travelling that downhill road to the flu. Losing my cookies started at about 1 a.m. and continued throughout the night! Just as a side note - I probably will not eat popcorn again for years....ever thrown up popcorn? It isn't pretty. So, far, in my experience, it ranks just under white rice as one of the worst things in the world to have come back up.

I awoke at 6 a.m. to the sound of Micah throwing up in her bed....all over everything including herself (I know, TMI. - I should have posted a disclaimer at my title: "gory details to follow") I crawled to her room, where she was totally freaking out. Elisha and I got her to the bathtub. Do I need to mention here that I was still not in the clear yet? I didn't think so. I don't do throw up even when I AM well; it was pure torture that morning. When I got her cleaned up, I asked if she felt okay, to which she answered "I feel fine. I'm not sick, I just throwed up". Excuse me? Do we do this often in our not-sick normal days?? Not to my knowledge and I would most definitely know. And she was perfectly fine the rest of the day. Glad someone was! But THAT someone wasn't the one who had to clean up the mess. I prayed a lot that morning and finally made it through to get back in bed for the day. I think that we are in the clear. It has been one full week and everyone else is well. Praise God.

No comments: