Shabby blogs

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Best No-Brainer Bison Pot Roast

The first weekend of the month, we have a potluck at church. Things had been kind of crazy this week (see next post!) and I forgot to take my roasts out of hte freezer in time to cook Sunday morning. So, I did the following and it turned out so well that I am going to forget to take the next one out of the freezer too. The meat was extroardinary....both roasts were devoured in no time. Here is the recipe:

Place frozen bison chuck roast in the crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours. (I used 2 roasts, so I did it for 4 hours, you may want to cook on high for less if you are just cooking one). Add onion (I used dried flakes), garlic powder, real salt, pepper, and Montreal Steak Seasoning. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or until the meat falls apart. Make sure to stir the meat around so that it gets in the broth. If it is all covered, it will stay really moist and tender. You can add vegetables to the crock pot for the last 5-6 hours if you want. The great thing about cooking bison this way is that there is so little fat, that the meat and vegetables just soak in the delicious juices while they cook. YUM!!!

No comments: