Shabby blogs

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Elisha

Oh, our sweet Elisha is 12 - unbelievable. There are so many things that I love about Elisha. She is just a gem of a person. People have always loved Elisha - for as long as I can remember, they have lined up to be buddies with her. I have had more requests for "play dates" with her than all of my other kids combined - times 20. Not that the others aren't loved, but there has always been something about her that draws people in mass numbers. Even adults love to be around Elisha. She is such fun; she is witty and oh-so-creative. Elisha is a great mix of tom-boy and femininity....I love that. She loves skirts and dress-ups (still), and tea parties, but one of her favorite places to be is up in a tree. And she wields a sword with the best of them. One of the sweetest things about Elisha, and one that blesses me as a parent, is her tender conscience. When she lies, loses her temper, or does something that she knows she shouldn't, she can't live with herself until she comes to tell me or apologizes. I am so thankful for her in my life. I love seeing God work in her life and I look forward to what He has in store for her. Dear Elisha, I love you - you are one of my favorite people - I want to be just like you one day.

No comments: